History of Fire Chiefs:
1st Chief of Record- Harold Frazier 1936
Some but not all of the more recent improvements to the Department have been:
- Replacement of both primary Ambulances.
- The replacement of the primary Engine in 2007.
- The addition of a specialized rescue/air unit for filling firefighter air bottles on scene.
- Addition of rescue airbags and vehicle stablizer struts.
- Addition of Paramedics to the EMS service
- Certification of our facility to be an accredited EMS continuing education center
The Village water system has been upgraded with a second water tower to make the total water storage 575,000 gallon of water. With all these improvements, The Village of Cridersville proudly holds an ISO Fire rating of 4. .
When the fire tone and siren sound in Cridersville today, a dedicated, trained, and well equipped Fire Department, spring into action to protect property and help save lives in the Village of Cridersville and vicinity.